Creating a blog post is really more than just writing good content. The following checklist can help you ensure that your post is readable, findable and shareable.
- Do you have a compelling headline? There’s someÂ dos andÂ don’ts.
- Does your post have good structure & provide useful information? Plenty of folks have writtenÂ posts on how to write posts. Take a look around.
- Does your post invite feedback or ideas?
- Did you provide at least one in-text hyperlink? Donâ€™t include links as text, hyperlink them using the â€ślinkâ€ť button.
- Did you include an image? (or other multimedia) â€¨ Some blog templates require an image, but even if itâ€™s not required, an image helps to make your post more visually attractive. â€¨TryÂ istockphoto.com,Â sxc.hu, orÂ flickr (creative commons licensed) for images. Or check out some ofÂ these sites for free or cheap images.
- Did you assign a category or categories? Categories help to organize your content. When your blog has a lot of posts, categories can help you visitor find what he or she is looking for.
- Did you include tags based on keywords in the post?
What did I forget? What’s on your checklist?